Self-Directed Bullion Ownership
You can hold BMG BullionBars™ directly in a self-directed IRA account with New Direction IRA, a trusted BMG provider of investor education and record-keeping services for retirement accounts. New Direction IRA enables individuals to take control of their tax-advantaged retirement funds using alternative asset opportunities that are ideally suited to each investor’s retirement goals and investment style.
Many Americans mistakenly believe that the only IRA investments allowed in a retirement account are CDs, stocks and mutual funds. The truth is that broader IRA investment options have been available to the public since 1975, the year contributions could first be made to IRAs.
Why the confusion?
Because the retirement industry has been dominated by large transaction-driven custodians who have focused on a narrow universe of IRA-401K investment. While these kinds of retirement accounts may be right for some, they don’t offer the kind of freedom that a self-directed IRA offers.
What is an IRA?
An IRA account is an investing tool used by individuals to earn and earmark funds for retirement savings. There are several types of IRAs:
- Traditional IRA – Allows individual investors to contribute pre-tax income towards investments that can grow tax-deferred. There is an annual contribution limit of $5,500 – $6,500 per year depending upon your age. Money is taxed upon withdrawal.
- ROTH IRA – Allows individual investors to contribute post-tax income toward investments that grow on a tax-deferred basis. Annual contribution limit of $5,500 – $6,500 per year depending upon your age. Money is tax free upon withdrawal after age 59 and a half.
- Self-Directed IRA – A retirement account that permits the account holder to make investments on behalf of the retirement plan.
- Simple IRA – A Savings Incentive Match Plan for Employees that requires employer matching contributions to the plan whenever an employee makes a contribution.
- SEP IRA – A Simplified Employee Pension is a retirement plan for an employer or self-employed individual. Similar to Traditional IRA but for self-employed individuals.
What is a 401K?
A 401K is a qualified plan established by employers to which eligible employees may make salary deferral (salary reduction) contributions on a post-tax and/or pretax basis. Employers offering a 401(k) plan may make matching or non-elective contributions to the plan on behalf of eligible employees and may also add a profit-sharing feature to the plan. Earnings accrue on a tax-deferred basis.
For further information on the BMG BullionBars™ program and to purchase BMG bullion products for self-directed IRA-401K investment, please contact us at 905.415.2975 or
Toll Free 1 888.474.1001